The master classes of the RSK Group staff on supercomputing architecture design will be held at ITMO University on May, 18. Do you know everything about the scale of tasks for a supercomputer, the difficulty of choosing the optimal computational modules for tasks and creating an effective infrastructure, how to manage the system built? The employees of the RSK Group prepared a project "The Language of Supercomputers" in order to share these knowledge, skills, understanding, and most importantly - to teach how to apply all this in solving professional problems, that is, in fact, to teach the language of interaction with a supercomputer. Let's enumerate the four competences of specialists in designing the architecture of supercomputers, for the formation of which the master classes of 2018 are oriented:
1. Designing the architecture of a supercomputer on the basis of a problem-oriented approach "from tasks".
2. Performing comparative analysis and selection of the optimal configuration of hardware architectures (computing nodes), interconnect (network equipment) and data storage systems.
3. Performing comparative analysis and selection of the optimal configuration of the supercomputer infrastructure (location, cooling, power).
4. The use of supercomputer control systems and administration of supercomputer systems.
There will be two master-classes on May, 18:
• 11:00-12:30 Master-class of Igor Odintsov, Head of Research department, RSK group "Problem-oriented approach in designing a supercomputer: from tasks to hardware and back to tasks"
• 13:00-16:00 Master-class of Gleb Marmuzov, Ph.D., Director of Technical Marketing, RSK group "Basics of supercomputers construction: providing the necessary infrastructure (high density, cooling, power)"